This is an all-time favourite within the family and among friends. Sounds almost silly to call it the Legendary cookie recipe but I typically bake this for last-minute or special occasions and everyone likes it! It’s quick, simple and does not call for many ingredients. This is a recipe from my mom’s recipes collection for years and I’ve no clue where this recipe came from except that it’s signed off by someone by the name of Mrs Lim.
150g icing sugar
2 egg yolks
1 egg white
350g Hong Kong flour
1tsp vanilla essence
1tsp baking powder
1 box Corn flakes
Some chopped candied red cherry
- Beat sugar and butter till light and creamy.
- Add in 2 egg yolks, egg whites, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Sieve flour, emplex powder and baking powder.
- Fold the flour mixture into butter mixture and mix well to form a dough.
- Scoop one teaspoon of mixture and roll well with crushed corn flakes.
- Top with candied cherry (optional)
- Bake at 170deg Celsius for 22 to 25mins.
- Cool completely before storage in an air-tight container.